Form of Government: Mayor-Council-Manager
The town of Kramer was incorporated on September 5, 1883, and given the name Bremen. It was originally named for a German immigrant that owned a local vineyard but the name was changed at Kramerís request to honor the city of Bremen, Germany.
Bremenís economy was given a significant boost when the Chattanooga, Rome and Columbus Railroad was built, crossing the Georgia Pacific at Bremen. This and other favorite circumstances have helped Bremen to grow from a simple railroad junction settled by German immigrants to the largest town in Haralson County, Georgia.